Go back

Do all Fund Managers need to have an Investment Advisor?

Allocations recommends that each fund manager consults with their legal counsel regarding Advisor compliance. Generally, if a fund manager is providing investment advice to a "private fund" for a fee, the manager would have to register as an Exempt Reporting Adviser or as a Registered Investment Adviser.

For  fund managers that do not have an ERA or RIA, Allocations offers an Exempt Reporting Adviser service. Here is a link to materials pertaining to our adviser service.

Still have a question?

Contact support