Go back

What if my K-1 isn’t ready before the deadline for filing my taxes?

While Allocations prioritizes issuing K-1s as soon as possible, sometimes we aren’t able to issue by the March 15th deadline, usually due to pending information from a portfolio company. In such cases, investors may also need to file an extension of time to file their personal or business tax returns.

Individuals can file Form 4868 for a six-month extension, while businesses file Form 7004. Please consult your tax advisor for assistance and additional information.

Still have a question?

Contact support